Friday, February 24th, 2017
While I was slightly late to arrive that day, when I came in I joined a work group who were making a stop motion story using clay facsimiles of a bear and a human.
While I wasn’t there to come up with the story I did try and lend a hand as much as possible in concluding it, my idea that the human fall of a ledge and die midway through made it in (though sadly my insistence the bear have a jetpack did not).
After it was filmed I transferred the photos to my computer and inserted them into adobe premier. We then put each image into a file twice, once with a lasting time of 4 seconds then with a lasting time of two seconds to see the difference.
In reflection I wish I’d arrived to the session on time and I could’ve been a bit more serious and coperative over the story instead of nearly starting an argument over jokey suggestions.
Thursday, February 9th, 2017
For this week I had to create the draft for three potential covers for the interactive book I was working on. Because I had photos in mind that don’t actually exist yet, I used stock photos as place-holders.
I completed this activity admittedly a bit slowly because I was finding suitable stock photos but once I did that it was easy to write the text portion of it.
If I had to do it again I’d have imagined images that are easier to find on google.
I was never actually able to recreate these photos but I think as a simple piece of preparatory work this is till I good example. The third photo described would’ve been my easiest to shoot because of it’s low-budget nature and out of the way setting.
Friday, February 3rd, 2017
Today I wrote the third act for the interactive book, since I ended up fully coming up with this ending today but I think I made it work.
I could’ve written this faster but I wanted to fill out the paragraphs more so that meant I had to put in my work on it and expand it properly. I think that expanding it was a good idea because it made the whole thing feel more cinematic and highlighted my talent at writing.
An interesting thing about writing this was that I wrote the beginning and ending paragraphs first and then came up with the middle so large portions of this story where improvised as I was writing them rather than having any formal plan.
Thursday, February 2nd, 2017
Now I’ve written the second act for my interactive book, this took awhile to write since the beginning and end came first and I had to fill out the middle. Looking back I really needed to make things bleed into the third act more effectively but as an individual piece I think it’s very well narrated and is a cinematic but brief draft that works.
I also had to create a flatplan for three potential covers, because I decided to create the later two covers myself with photography, for those I just included a text description of what these photo’s will look like.
Because I never actually took those photos I can’t say how they’d looked but I think these would function as a good synposis for any photographer or artist to recreate.