So I’ve finally finished and uploaded my music video and posted it online, so here is my evaluation of it.
For the assignment I created a music video for a song I’d previously made, which I did by combining original footage of my friend doing graffiti with footage from iconic Hip-Hop videos, I also recorded myself performing the lyrics but that was left out of the finished video. I recorded the live portions with my friend and then proceeded to add the stock footage in adobe premiere.
The editing process was more complicated because I had to get tight loops from small portions of each video and the footage of me miming wasn’t good enough to use, after a few rough drafts I sent to my teacher I ended up replacing some footage and playing with the opacity some more. The first time I did it I ended up misplacing my USB so parts of it I ended up having to re-do completely when making the final, released version of the video.
What I think worked with the piece was the combination of opiated stock footage over live footage and the art present in the live footage. What I think wasn’t as great was that some of the clips could’ve had a smoother cutting process and I could’ve done the video much quicker. I also departed from the shooting script considerably since I ended up not using the footage of me performing and never actually filmed some of the imagery I planned to because of time constraints and the concept not fitting with the filmed footage.
If I had to do it again I would have sorted out the shooting script and got filming done quicker, I would’ve worked out a clearer plan and gotten better edits of certain clips. On other facets of my work I could’ve made some of the blog posts more detailed and thorough as well as make my shooting script more achievable.
From this assignment I’ve learned about working within a time limit and adapting to opposing circumstances. I’ve had to critically access both finished and unfinished work then make the required changes, overall I’ve learned a lot from today.